- Take measures for an Independence Referendum conducted and monitored by the International Community for the people that have been living in the Eelam Tamil region (North-East region of present-day Sri Lanka) prior to 1948, and their descendants, and among the Eelam Tamil diasporas who were forced to leave their motherland, to democratically and peacefully determine their independence.
- Take measures to refer Sri Lanka to the International Criminal Court to investigate genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes, and crimes of aggression and apartheid; and to take legal action against Sri Lanka before the International Court of Justice under the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, the Convention against Torture, and crimes of aggression and apartheid.
- Take measures to set up an Interim International Protective Mechanism for the Eelam Tamils in the North-East region of the island to protect and govern themselves and their lands, until the Referendum is held.
- As Sri Lanka seeks economic assistance from the International Community including the International Monetary Fund, World Bank, Paris Club, Asian Development Bank etc., the Tamils urge that no help to Sri Lanka is offered without conditions. The International Community must realize the deceptive patterns of Sri Lanka and its outstanding commitments to the International Community including to the UN and UNHRC. Any assistance should have the following conditions:
- Sri Lanka must implement all the unfulfilled UNHRC Resolutions.
- Sri Lanka must ratify Rome Statute, as a guarantee for non-recurrence and agree to the investigation by the International Criminal Court for all crimes committed against the Tamil people during the ethnic war.
- Removal of the Sri Lankan military from the Tamil region, and the reduction of the Sri Lankan military to the size of the pre-war year of 1983.
- Agree for the interim international protective mechanism, and for the Independence Referendum for the Eelam Tamils.
Federation of Global Tamil Organizations, http://fgto.org | (647) 875 7354 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Present member organizations: Tamil Americans United PAC (TAUPAC), Global Tamil Movement (GTM), Ottawa Tamil Association (OTA), Quebec Tamil Development Association (QTDA), World Tamil Organization (WTO), Tamil Genocide Memorial (TGM), ABC Tamil Oli, Ilankai Thamil Sangam-Florida